Friday, February 21, 2014

11 months

So last year Orrin and I were parents of a teenage girl.  Right before school started we entered into a new phase.... Hosting an exchange student.  
Miss Germany was only just 15 yrs old(birthday in May) and used to the comforts of urban life with no younger siblings!  Well, her life changed!  She suddenly was the big sister to four kids 7, 5, 3, 1 yrs old.  Plus her Dad was now Orrin.  :) 
It was a learning experience for sure.  I wasn't old enough for her to call me Mom or treat me like a mom. We definitely had our disagreements and she learned fast which parent to approach for what.  
I pray she took away from living in our chaos that there is a family who loves her in Kansas.  And I know she has a new appreciation for farmers and farm life as well as loving the small town atmosphere....she got the rock star treatment wherever she went.  I will not lie when I say it was a bit of a relief to see her head back home after 11 months.  It should have been 10 months but she applied for an extension to stay 30 more days.  
Ahhhh you say, she didn't want to leave our family.  I wish I could say that but she didn't want to go home while her parents foreign exchange student from China was still there.....in HER room.  However it was the best, most drama free time with her.  Oh, I could tell stories, but she might find this ;). 
More updates to come!

She would not like this picture... I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment